Why going for the PADI Sidemount diving course?
Sidemount diving is popular and is developing fast. It combines many advantages: streamlining, flexibility, freedom and safety. For divers who goes in overhead environment, it offers an amazing low profile streamline.
• Flexibility: Underwater, cylinders are much more convenient and accessible, unlike back mounted diving tanks. It allows you to dive within overhead environment dives easily. Sidemount diving equipment is also considerably lighter, and less bulky – allowing for easier and cheaper travel.
• Accessibility: Sidemount diving gives an immediate access to stages and tank valves. This enables problem identification and allows swifter resolution. Unlike back mounted diving that requires a higher level of mobility, flexibility and freedom to resolve technical issues.
• Streamlining: Sidemount diving configuration places the cylinders under in line with their body. It improves air consumption and allows you to pass through very small passages and holes when penetration diving.
• Comfort: After the course, you will testify that sidemount diving coffers greater stability and easier control in the water. It is also less physically tiring to carry, and get into water.
Duration: 2 days
Time: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Days: Upon Request
Dives: 6 Dives
• Conditions: Be Open Water certified with 20 dives logged. Age 15 and above. A Confidential Medical Form must be filled out prior to enrollment and a physician’s release may be required. Please review our dive policies and procedures for more information. Feel free to ask questions. Contact us!
PADI Sidemount Diving course: what will you do ?
All in all, you will do 6 dives. 5 for the course and an additional one for fun. But before going underwater, you need a bit of knowledge on sidemount diving: options, set up (one or two cylinders), weighting and trim,dive environment and techniques. Your manual consists of two chapters each followed by exercises that test your understanding. Do not forget to stop in Palawan Divers to register to your course and attend to your theory session.
The diving part of the course is divided into two sections. You will start on the first day by trying with a single tank and get used to this new diving set up. On the second day, let’s add an additional tank. A free fun dive is included in the course.
• A typical schedule is:
• Day 1: Confined water session #1 with one tank⎮Open Water #1 with one tank⎮Open Water #2 with one tank
• Day 2: Confined water session#2 with two tanks⎮Open water #3 with two tanks⎮Additional dive
Our PADI Sidemount Diving course price: Php24,000
Enjoy our special promo and save Php3,500!
You can pay by cash and by Paypal or credit card (at no extra charge). All our prices are fixed.
Our course package includes: full sidemount diving gear, a dive computer and PADI instructive materials, PADI certification card, instructor’s fee, boat travel, warm lunch made from fresh local ingredients, hot and cold drinks and cookies. Our package does not include the Eco Tourism Development fee and has to be paid in cash. This ticket costs Php200 and is valid for 10 days.
Note: All our packages have to be paid in Filipino Pesos. The prices in US$ and €uros are informative.
Palawan Divers usually plans 3 dives per day. We leave at 8:00am and are back at around 3:30pm. The quality, safety and comfort of your course are very important to us, so you can expect the undivided attention of our diving staff. We limit the number of divers to 8 per boat, with a maximum of 2 students per instructor.
It is best, if you contact us to book your eLearning Open Water Diver course. Space is limited and may sell out for the dates of your vacation. Call +639 399 581 076 or +639 177 743 210. Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or use our form.