Our PADI Discover Scuba Diving Course is designed to introduce non-divers to SCUBA diving with a light amount of theory and in-water training. In just one day, our experienced and professional instructors can teach you the basics and take you diving to a maximum depth of 12 meters. The calm sea, good visibility and rich marine life even in shallow waters guarantee you a fantastic and memorable day.
The PADI Discover Scuba Diving: How does it work?
A day before the diving day a short theory session will teach the basic rules of scuba diving (equalization, breathing underwater, equipment, etc.).
Learn the basics: On the day you and your instructor will be going to a protected bay. You will learn how to handle and use the equipment before going into shallow waters. You will then practice basic skills to familiarize yourself with breathing underwater and using scuba equipment. By the end of this first session, you will already do a real dive! You’ll see, it’s safe, easy and wonderful!
Let’s go diving: For the next 2 dives your instructor will be with you at all times and he will take you to a maximum depth of 12 meters (40 feet). Prepare to be amazed and see the beautiful marine life of El Nido’s underwater world.
The PADI Discover Scuba Diving:Time Table
07:30 – Meeting at Palawan Divers and Briefing with your instructor
08:00 – Depart from El Nido beach
09:00 – Shallow water skills + mini dive
10:30 – Break with coffee, tea and cookies on board
11:15 – 1st Open Water Dive
12:15 – Lunchtime on board
13:30 – 2nd Open Water Dive
15:30 – Arrive back in El Nido. Debriefing with your instructor
16:00 – End of the day!
The PADI Discover Scuba Diving – Package
You can pay cash, by Paypal or credit card (at no extra charge).
Our course package includes: full dive gear, instructive materials, instructor’s fee, boat travel, warm lunch made from fresh local ingredients, hot and cold drinks and cookies.
Our package does not include the P200 Eco Tourism Development fee that you have to pay in cash. This ticket is valid for 10 days. Note: All our packages has to be paid in Filipino Pesos.
4-7 PAX : 5% discount
8 PAX+: 10% discount
It is best to contact us to book your PADI Discover Scuba Diving. Space is limited and may sell out for the dates of your holiday. Call (63) 917 774 32 10, contact us at: email@example.com or use our form.
- How long does a dive last? The answer is «it depends». This question doesn’t have a single answer. People breathe at different rates and the deeper you go, the more you use your air. The average dive during a discovery lasts about 40 minutes.
- Can I do only 2 dives? YES. If you choose to go for 2 dives, you’ll simply join our 3 dives trip. Spend your surface interval while snorkeling or sunbathing on the boat.
- What do I need to bring with me on the excursion? A hat, sunglasses, sunscreen lotion, a towel. If you tend to get motion sickness it’s recommended that you take a seasickness tablet in the morning. Water is provided.
- Is lunch included? YES. A local lunch prepared with fresh local ingredients is part of the day. You’ll get snacks between the dives as well.
- Can I eat just before a dive? Yes. Actually it is a good idea to eat light before a dive. It’s not really recommended to have a full heavy breakfast. A good one is enough!
- Can I drink alcohol before diving? No. Alcohol is not allowed.
- How deep will I go? You will go to a maximum depth of 12 meters but the first session of the day will start in water shallow enough to stand up.
- How old do you have to be? 10 years old. A minor from 10 till 18 years old will need written consent from parent or guardian to dive with us.
- Is scuba diving dangerous? Statistics show that recreational Scuba diving is about as safe as swimming.
- I have done a discovery. Can I dive with qualified divers? No. You can’t dive with certified divers as long as you haven’t done your PADI Open Water Course.
- I wear my contact lenses under the mask? Yes soft lenses can be worn. We advise not to wear hard or medium hard lenses. Note that you can’t wear glasses under your mask.
- Can my friends join as passenger? Yes. You can dive and he/she can come on the boat. Our dive sites are also really enjoyable for snorkeling.
- I have asthma. Is it possible to dive? If you have asthma you will need a medical certification signed by your doctor which allows you to go diving. Without a medical it will not be possible to dive.
- How soon can I fly after a dive? For safety reasons, allow 24 hours between your last dive and your flight. Diving after flying is not a problem.
- I have a cold and a cough can I dive? If the sinuses are not blocked you can dive. If the sinuses are blocked than you will have a problem equalizing the pressure in your ears, than it is recommended not to dive.
- I am pregnant, can I dive? No. Because physiologists know little about the effects of diving on the fetus, the recommendation is that women avoid diving while pregnant or trying to become pregnant.